The Outlaw is a high-damage cliff tower. When placed, it dons a grey shirt with brown pants, complemented by its futuristic visor and rifle. Able to detect camouflaged zombies even at level 0, the Outlaw has a DPS of 96.7 at the max level.
Formerly, at level 4+, its shots created explosions that dealt ~50% of the tower's damage stat as splash damage (effectively making each shot deal ~150% damage to direct targets). This functionality, however, was removed in the Mega Update of 10/13/19.
Naturally, due to its high cost to upgrade ($49,050), the Outlaw thrives in the later phases in the game, though it can be placed as early as wave 8 using a high number of Farms. Its long-range and high damage make it good for wearing down tough zombies while they are out of range of other towers. The Outlaw is hindered by its low rate of fire; however, there are many towers that can cover up the Outlaw's flaws such as the Rocketeer and the Minigunner. Also, having many outlaws can be a good way to defeat the Fallen King.
As of 2-11-20, You can only place 10 outlaws per player!
- To maximize the use of Outlaw, default to "Strongest" targeting to minimize overkill, especially against zombies that summon other zombies. This can be risky since the outlaws may not target zombies with around 100-300 hp about to enter your base. Keep a few on first to be safe.
|0||Outlaw||The Default Outlaw
Cosmetics: The Outlaw equips Laser Gun of Tomorrow
|1||Gloves|| +5 Range
Cosmetic: The Outlaw now wears gloves.
|2||Upgraded Eye Tech|| +5 Range
Cosmetic: The Outlaw wears a purple eyepiece.
|3||Bigger Gun|| +5 Range
2 > 4 Firerate
Cosmetic: The Outlaw equips a Super Spy Laser Blaster.
|4||Star Lord|| +100 Damage
Cosmetic: The Outlaw dons a red cape over his attire.
|5||Even Bigger Gun|| +5 Range
4 > 3 Firerate
- (7/10/19): Outlaw received a buff.
- Base Damage increased from 4 to 10.
- Level 3 fire rate decreased from 6 to 4.
- Level 5 fire rate decreased from 3.5 to 3.
- Outlaw no longer suffers from damage penalties.
- (8/2/19): Outlaw received a buff.
- Level 2 damage increased from 20 to 30.
- (10/13/19): BUFFED OUTLAW:
- Base Stats: 12 > 15 Range
- Level 1 > 2 Upgrade: +15 > +30 Damage; $1,500 > $2,500 Cost
- Level 2 > 3 Upgrade: +40 > +80 Damage; $7,500 > $8,500 Cost
- Level 3 > 4 Upgrade: +35 > +100 Damage; Removed Outlaw impact; $10,000 > $10,500 Cost
- Level 4 > 5 Upgrade: +25 > +65 Damage
- (12/27/2019): Nerfed Outlaw
- Outlaw placement limit now nerfed to 10
- Outlaw base range increased from 15 > 20.
- Level 0 > 1 Upgrade: +3 > +5 Range
- Level 2 > 3 Upgrade: +2 > +5 Range
- (1/12/20): Buffed Outlaw
- Outlaw placement limit was increased from 10 > 11
- (1/??/20): Nerfed Outlaw
- Outlaw placement limit was decreased from 11 > 10
- (3/18/20): Rebalanced Outlaw
- Level 1 > 2 Upgrade: $2,500 > $3,500 Cost
- Level 2 > 3 Upgrade: $8,500 > $7,500 Cost
- (4/6/20): Reskinned Outlaw
- The Outlaw has the highest total cost to max out out of every tower.
- The Outlaw is one of three Cliff Towers, with Sniper and Mortar sharing the same spot.