Formerly obtainable by triumphing the SFOTH Event 2019, the Gladiator was the only melee tower, until the Shredder was announced to the game.This tower was also obtainable on Black Friday for 200 robux.
The Gladiator slashes at incoming zombies, dealing 2 damage per swing but with a rather short range. It has a unique trait of being the only tower to deal splash damage to zombies via non-explosive means. It costs $10,750 to fully upgrade the Gladiator, including the starting cost.
The Gladiator's DPS (damage per second) is 51.33 at max level against a single zombie without abilities. Using the tower's ability, Warrior's Call, raises his DPS to 86.4 temporarily.
Against multiple zombies, all victims take 100% damage from each of the Gladiator's attacks (in contrast with explosive towers, which usually deal ~100% damage to direct targets and less damage to all other victims depending on the distance from the direct target), making effective DPS equal to ( DPS * number of targets).
- Gladiator excels against large groups of zombies, which includes Slows, Moltens, and Mysteries.
- The Gladiator is good for early-mid game, but from late game they aren't much of a use due to most zombies having high HP. You can keep it during late game to take down the weaker enemies but it's best to sell it.
|1||Armor|| +1 Damage
Cosmetic: The Gladiator wears armor.
|2||Sword and Helmet|| +4 Damage
Cosmetic: The Gladiator equips a claymore and a helmet.
|3||Venomshank|| +10 Damage
Cosmetic: The Gladiator wields Venomshank.
|4||Illumina|| +20 Damage
Cosmetic: The Gladiator wields Illumina.
|5||Darkheart|| +40 Damage
Cosmetic: The Gladiator wields Darkheart and wears a neat Dominus.
|3||Warrior's Call||Increases speed by 35% for 15 seconds.||$0||30 Seconds|
- Most of the Gladiator's weapons were based off of the swords from Sword Fights On The Heights.
- Despite the fact that the Venomshank is able to poison players when used by the player as a default gear, it didn't poison zombies (in Tower Defense Simulator).
- The swords technically had splash damage, as they could attack multiple targets at once.
- There was a golden version of the Gladiator, which was for developers (needs confirmation).
- In the Medieval Times map, somewhere in it could you see Gladiator harvesting near a house.
- This was the second melee tower, the third being Shredder.
- -Below are links-
- Helmet: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/10546552/Trojan-Infantry-Helmet
- Default sword: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/125013769/Linked-Sword
- Claymore: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/11452821/Claymore
- Ilumina: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/16641274/Illumina
- Darkheart: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/16895215/Darkheart
- (6/25/19) - Gladiator added to the game. The tower initially gained only two abilities with upgrades, Frenzy and Sharp Edge.
- (10/13/19) - Removed Gladiator in games (He went on vacation to medieval time. Looks like he's discovering life)
- This was the message announced by BelowNatural about Gladiator being locked.
- Attempting to place Gladiator before 11/29/19 would return the message "Hey! I'm on vacation, don't bother me!"
- (11/29/19) - Fixed Gladiator
- Gladiator can now be placed in games once again.
- Source: Gladiator became obtainable again on Black Friday only (11/29/2019) via the [LIMITED TIME] Gladiator gamepass costing 200 Robux to purchase.
- Level 1 > 2 Upgrade: +1 Range replaced with +4 Damage
- Level 2 > 3 Upgrade:
- Damage: +1 > +10
- Firerate: 1 > 1.3 (Final value)
- Now grants Warrior's Call instead of Frenzy
- Level 3 > 4 Upgrade:
- Damage: +3 > +20
- Firerate: 0.9 > 1.3 (Final value)
- Now adds +2 Range
- Now grants Piercing Lunge instead of Sharp Edge
- Level 4 > 5 Upgrade:
- Damage: +17 > +40
- Firerate: 0.75 > 1.3 (Final value)
- No longer causes the Gladiator to heal the base for 1 HP on each kill
- Now grants Sharp Dash
- Level 3 Ability: Renamed from Frenzy to Warrior's Call
- Level 4 Ability: Removed (was Sharp Edge)
- (1/26/20) - Gladiator "fixed" again
- (3/18/20) - Buffed Gladiator
- Base Stats: $450 > $300